Wednesday, January 2, 2013

An Open Letter To Our Readers, Padres Style

Dear Vocal Minority Reader(s),

It's come to my attention that we haven't written anything on this blog since the end of the 2012 baseball season. I am writing you tonight to ease your possible concerns that we haven't been trying to improve the blog. I've certainly thought about the Padres in the offseason. I've written hundreds of tweets (@The_NV), posted quite a bit on Padres forums, and I've even actively but unsuccessfully sought to write blog posts a few times. I know, none of that helps you, the reader, and yes it's true that I haven't gotten anything done, but I don't feel bad, and this isn't an apology. This isn't even going to be a full length blog post. None of that is necessary. I feel great about the state of this blog heading into the 2013 season!

Where David and I stand right now, I think we have 7-8 blog ideas we could throw out there, and any of them would be fine. They may not be the best blog ideas out there. Other team's blogs may have several ideas much better than ours, but we still feel good about ours. We're not looking for any more ideas that aren't any better than what we have right now. If we do write anything else before the spring training starts, it's going to have to be an upgrade from the ideas that we have right now, but chances are that won't happen. We'll definitely have some much better ideas coming up at some point in the middle of the season, so you have that to look forward to.

So yeah, thanks for all your support in 2012 and here's to a great 2013! I'm sure Tom has a fence update to hold you over. Tom? You do? Great, thanks!

Sincerely,

Nathan

1 comment: